Thursday, January 11, 2007

Opening Face-Off

HELLO SPORTS FANS!!!!
Well...let's see if this blog site works better than the others I've tried!!! Hopefully you won't have to register here in order to give your opinions and/or feedback to my blog. You should be able to reply anonymously if you don't feel like registering.

Let me introduce myself...I'm a huge sports nut who suffers annually due to his favourite teams' inability to rise to the occassion year in and year out!!! I'm a Boston Bruins fan...an Oakland Raiders fan, and a Boston Red Sox fan!!!! I must be crazy but that's the life of a fan. But enough about me...I want to know about what drives other sports' fans crazy.

I'm hoping use this forum to solicit opinions on sports information. What sports information is available as compared to what you want. Do you feel slighted because you missed a highlight on TSN because you were brushing your teeth...now you have to wait for it to be replayed which is basically in another hour. Do you want to hear what coaches say after the game...whether it's the winning coach or the losing coach? Why can't I pick the 3 stars of the game...or the turning point of the game? What makes Molson's, TSN, or NBC the judge of something that should be fan-based?

Basically, I'd like to know what other sports fans want to have as part of their daily info fix!!! Any comments would be appreciated!!!

My fingers are crossed that this blog works...

CHEERS!!!!
Rokpig!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get this Rokpig.......Bronco and Hab fan here....Bruins suck and get your nane in the the pools at the pub soon!

Anonymous said...

well at least your Boston baseball team gave you some relief after years and years and years....
being a fan is a funny thing. especially in this era where players move around so much we are basically cheering for a sweater instead of a particular player or group of players. I'm a die hard Blue Jays fan and it was wonderful to have the great years in the 80's and finally win it all in the early 90's. probably the thing that bugged me most was the number of people who jumped on the bandwagon the final series as if they had gone thru the pains and anguish of every pitch the whole year..

picking the stars seems kind of great idea...i guess i don't have a problem when Molson's sponsor and thus it is there thing but some kind of van ballot system would be neat...but do you get crazy votes like Rory for allstar game?

as far as info on teams, players etc...there is lots now ...maybe too much info on some players.

good luck with your blog